The Education Fund:
- Provides information to the public on important public policy issues through forums and well researched studies.
- Serves Minnesota voters by sponsoring candidate debates; organizing voter registration and get-out-the-vote drives and publishing Voter Guides.
- Publishes information and sponsors conferences to inform the public about how government works.
Reach of the Education Fund program
- Through monitoring, public meetings and publications, the League of Women Voters Minnesota Education Fund initiates discussions of public policy issues that begin the process of change within communities.
- Thousands of Minnesotans have benefited from League of Women Voters Minnesota (LWV Minnesota) projects.
- Our elementary and secondary school curricula in English and Spanish, which teach the privileges and responsibilities of citizenship, are available for all Minnesota schools.
- We reach over 1,000,000 Minnesotans through our debates, Voter Guides and election services.
The Education Fund serves Minnesota citizens of all ages.
"I am a member because educating voters is crucial to maintaining the health of our democracy. A thoughtful, informed, engaged and active citizenry is the foundation of a representative democracy."
League of Women Voters Minnesota Education Fund never supports or opposes political parties or candidates. It is never used to lobby or influence legislation. This is a separate entity from League of Women Voters Minnesota which does work to influence legislation.
Funding and Support
League of Women Voters of Minnesota Education Fund (LWV Minnesota Education Fund) is a 501(c)(3) organization under the Internal Revenue code.
Contributions to the Education Fund are deductible for income tax purposes.